Friday, May 25, 2007

Two good things


After Friday's disappointments, I've had a small string of good luck. On Sunday, I finished the first sock of the pair I'm working on while out to brunch with some friends. Perhaps one day someone will explain to me what exactly to do with the last two stitches if you're working kitchner stitch, but, after closing that tiny gap from the inside, I feel the toe looks pretty acceptable.

Then, though I did everything wrong I possibly could, including not making the potato soft enough, letting it cool down, mixing things in the wrong order, etc., the buttermilk potato bread hamburger buns for Monday night's dinner came out big and beautiful and light and delicious. Again, I'm finding that giving the dough double (or more) the rising time works really well.

No comments: